Wednesday, January 28, 2009

8th Grade NECC Career Day

Please answer all of the following questions in complete sentences.

What was your favorite part of NECC day besides the food? Why?

What was your LEAST favorite part of the day? Why?

What career did you research using O-NET and tell us if you think it was a good match or a bad match for you and why?

What is one thing you learned that day that really surprised you?

23 comments:

  1. My favorite part of the day was when we went on the tour. Because I always like looking at what colleges look like and see where I would want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part of the day was the tour because it showed me what the dorms were like and how much fun there were too.


    My Least favorite part was when we were on the computers because i couldn't find the exact job i wanted to look up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part of NECC career day was the budgeting activity, because it was hard and interesting.


    My least favorite part was doing the interest survey, because we already did a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My least favorite part was when we just listened about what they do and stuff because I like to do more activities than listening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite part of the career day was the budget activity, because it shows how you have to live in a real-life budget situation.

    I did not have a least favorite part of the day, because the Career Day was so well organized.

    I searched District Attorney on O-NET. I think it was a good match for me because thats what I really want my profession to be.

    One thing that I learned that day is that they are actually getting the Med Center. It shows me that they are dedicated to funding the educational needs for the students.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whole campus. The reason I say that is because it was nice. If you go there everybody will probly know you because our guide man/guy whatever everyone we seen he was talking to. That is why I liked NECC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite part was the budget activity. We got to see how some things would go and how to spend our money.

    My least favorite part was taking the tour in the cold. It would have been more fun if it was warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One thing that i learned at the campus is that the dorm rooms are very small.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite part was the tour of campus.

    My least favorite part was the budgeting..... I got a bad job

    I researched Chemist and Chemical Engineer, it was a good match because I like everything chemistry.

    Chemists don't make over $50,000 annually, but chemical engineers do

    ReplyDelete
  10. When we went in that guys dorm because it was so small and you have to share a bathroom with a whole other dorm taht wouldn't be good

    ReplyDelete
  11. good because I think i would like that job

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite part of the NECC career day was the campus tour. This was my favorite activity I really wanted to see what the college would be like if I was to attend there.

    My least favorite part of the NECC career day was the surveys. We've already done so many.

    On the O-Net research part I researched Family and Relationship Therapist. I think this was a good match for me because it was a lot of fun classes to take and activities to take part in. Also the salary was good and it is a job where I could help people.

    One thing that really surprised me was how large the campus was. I always thought it was much smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I researched the job of an accountant. It was a good match because a career in math, but I wouldn't want to do it in Nebraska because it doesn't make that good of money for 8 years of school.


    I learned that you need to send in the registration for housing a while in advance or you may get turned down.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nothing really did surprise me that day because it was a little boring

    ReplyDelete
  15. On the computers my job was a teacher. It was a good match because I always wanted to be a teacher and I love little kids. The only bad thing was that I didn't make much money.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I learned that their are many classes that involve being a district attorney. The classes that are required for me, they are classes that interest me such as american government, and modern problems. The the salary per year for a district attorney is about $79,000.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Does anyone know anybody that goes to NECC?

    ReplyDelete
  18. HOLA EVERYONE IN THE COMPUTER ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I looked up a mechanical engineer, it looked like an all right job 4 because i want to because my own vehicles but it wasn't the main job i wanted

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ummmm...I can't remember what I looked up for my worksheet. I did look up modeling. It was a great match because I don't have to know anything!

    The thing that surprised me a little bit was that I wouldn't have to know anything.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I already knew that it takes alot of money for college....But it really surprised me that it was so much for school.

    ReplyDelete